St. Patrick’s Day is approaching and there is much more to March 17 than just leprechauns, shamrocks and drinking green beer (which we do not support or endorse in any way). Here are five facts you may not know about St. Patrick’s Day.
- Saint Patrick himself wasn’t actually Irish. He was born in Wales in the late fourth century.
- New York’s St. Patrick’s Day parade is the largest in the world.
- It is estimated that the US will spend $5.3 billion on St. Patrick’s Day including decorations, drinks and events.
- Approximately 28,000,000 pints of beer will be consumed on St. Patrick’s Day in the United States alone!
- St. Patrick’s Day is the fourth largest day for beer drinking in North America, follwing behind New Year’s Eve, Christmas Day, and the Fourth of July.
Of course, no one said you have to wait for March 17 to start your St. Patrick’s Day celebration. Our Cheeky Bastard Stout is a refreshing take on the classic British style, with a smooth, roasted body. Perfect for celebrating St Pat or just celebrating a Wednesday.