We're always brewing up something creative and fun... come join our team!
At Nickel Brook Brewing Company, we have developed a reputation for having a lively and enticing line-up of beers. It is in our business to offer our customers an unrivaled experience designed to surpass their expectations. Our employees enjoy a competitive compensation package and a fun place to work, learn and grow.
The Brewer will be responsible for supporting the Head Brewer with all aspects of beer production process and day-to-day brewing operations. They will be involved in the development and execution of high-quality beer products and monitoring as well as carrying out of brewhouse and cellar operations.
This exciting opportunity is suitable for an energetic, self-motivated individual:
- • Work in conjunction with Head Brewer to complete day-to-day tasks in the Brewery, Cellar, production areas
- • Handling of raw materials for production
- • Yeast management, cellaring
- • CIP, sampling of daily checks packaging
- • Wort production
- • Comply with NBBC and food safety requirements
- • Boiler maintenance, RO maintenance, and cleaning and sanitation
- • Other duties as required.
- • Self-starter with great energy and true passion for beer
- • Minimum of 2 years brewing experience
- • Formal Brewing Education is an asset
- • Formal applicable scientific education is an asset
- • Experience working a ‘wild’/barrel brewery environment an asset
- • Food Safety Certification
- • Able to carrying/lift heavy items, transfer/lift or push items, work in awkward positions, operate heavy equipment, or hold body in one position for a prolonged period
- • Ability to lift 20kgs repetitively throughout a shift
- • Standing for long periods of time in a warehouse environment
- • Ability to handle multiple tasks and problem solve effectively and efficiently
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- • Detail oriented
- • Able to multitask and prioritize situations that require immediate attention
- • Knowledge of materials and equipment used within beer production
- • Able to work under pressure and deadlines
- • Exhibit quality, efficiency and consistency in their work in the Brew house and in everything they do.
- • Exhibit a positive attitude
- • Ability to perform minor maintenance on equipment and assist maintenance department with major repairs
- • Strict adherence to our health and safety policies
- • Forklift license.
Please apply, in confidence, by sending your resume to email@example.com.
At Nickel Brook we may be scientific, but our passion and love for everything we do and everyone we do it with precedes this textbook terminology. We don’t simply accept difference, we applaud it, we support it and we believe it is necessary for the benefit of our team, our beers and our community. Nickel Brook is committed to being an equal opportunity workplace. We welcome applications from our diverse community. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need
We thank all applicants. Only those selected will be contacted.