Current Careers available with Nickel Brook Brewing Co.
Production Brewer - Arts & Science Brewing
The ARTS & SCIENCE BREWERY is a collaborative brewery founded by Collective Arts Brewing and Nickel Brook Brewing. Arts & Science is one of the largest and most progressive craft breweries in the province.
Collective Arts Brewing and Nickel Brook Brewing are two independently owned craft breweries which have joined forces to build a new and innovative cooperative brewing facility located in Hamilton, Ontario.
A full-time position to join our excellent brewing team at our 60 bbl Arts & Science Brewing facility.
IMPORTANT – Must be legally allowed to work within Canada
Preforming all aspects of the brewing and fermentation process to the high-quality standards as directed by our brewmaster.
– Raw ingredient handling
– Entire brewhouse operation for wort production
– Yeast management
– Cellaring tasks (CIP, tank transfers, sampling for daily checks/QC)
– 1 or more years’ work experience in a brewery/brewpub environment preferred
– Formal brewing education an asset
– Capability of physically lifting 25kg bags
– Multi-tasking and ability to following instructions set forth by brewing management
– Absolute dedication to quality and consistency
– Time management, problem solving, attention to detail, organization
– Strong communication is a must
– Ability to perform minor maintenance on equipment and assist maintenance department with major repairs
– Strict adherence to our health and safety policies
– Work assigned shifts, which will include; days, afternoons, nights and weekends
How to Apply:
Packaging Line Operator
Packaging Operator – Full Time – Burlington
Nickel Brook is looking to bring on a reliable, experienced packaging operator in a full-time role at the Burlington brewery.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Packaging – Responsible for prepping filling equipment and work stations, and running our 12-Head filler. Sanitization of all equipment and packages. Efficient and accurate filling of kegs, cans and bottles according to established policies and procedure. Record all volumes- packaged and losses. Responsible for maintaining high standard of final package image. Organize packaged goods and packaging materials.
- Warehousing/Inventory control – Maintain an organized and efficiently used cold storage, dry goods storage, malt storage areas with high standards of cleanliness. Transfer product between package formats as required.
- Safety, Security and Cleanliness –Complies with all safety regulations. Ensures that the workplace is safe at all times for employees and guests, the production and tour areas are always presented in top form and that the property and buildings are secure at the end of each shift.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Brewing industry experience, production experience is required
- Work assigned shifts that can include days, nights or weekend shifts
- Mechanical know-how and resourcefulness
- Team player
- Ability to learn quickly
- Attention to detail, safety, and excellence.
- Aptitude for problem solving, creativity, flexibility, and innovation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Frequent crouching, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Able to manipulate clamps, gaskets, hoses, kegs
- Able to lift 75 pounds and move 165 lbs.
- Ability to work in hot, humid, cold, and wet environments
- Must have a valid G drivers license
- Fork Lift certification a benefit
- Smart Serve training is recommended but not required
Job Type: Full-time
Delivery Driver - GTA
We are looking for a responsible Delivery Driver to deliver beer to
accounts in a professional and appropriate manner in and around the
GTA. As the face of the company we are looking for someone to
represent Nickel Brook as a top notch, customer-focused, end–to-end
Clean G Driver’s License (Class DZ an asset)
Truck driving/delivery experience required
Knowledge of log books, motor vehicle laws and road safety
Customer Service skills required
Mathematical skills an asset
Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 150lbs)
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Ability to work independently
Computer and phone savvy
Ability to problem-solve for best result for customer.
We appreciate all applications, however only those selected for
interview will be contacted. If this is the role for you, please submit
your application to email@example.com
Nickel Brook is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity
and inclusion in our brewery. We promise to consider all qualified
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors.
We are also able to provide accessibility accommodation during the
recruitment process – just let us know with an email, and we will work
with you to make sure your needs are met.